The unfortunate truth about swimming pool maintenance is that if you don't carefully monitor the chemistry of your pool, you are likely to end up with an algae infestation. Sometimes, even when we are careful to test the pool water, algae can still grow out of control. Shocking is a process that adds a large amount of sanitizer at one time to quickly and efficiently kills algae and other organic contaminants. In addition to taking care of the problem at hand, shocking can help to prevent future outbreaks. Chlorine is the most commonly used sanitizer when shocking, but there are chlorine-free options available. The kind of shock you use for your pool will depend on your water sanitizing system. If you need help selecting the appropriate type of shock, please contact us at (800) 772-0467 and we will be happy to help.
Search for Shock: