As families enjoy home swimming pools, it is critical to remember the deadly hazards a pool can pose and to take every precaution against the tragic possibility of a child drowning. Help protect your family, friends, and neighbors from an accidental drowning by investing in a Pool Safety Water Alarm. While Pool Alarms and other safety products can be used as an extra safeguard, they shouldn’t be relied upon as the only line of defense in preventing someone from drowning in your pool. The keys to preventing pool accidents are placing layers of protection around your pool, closely supervising your child, and being prepared in case of an emergency.
Whether you have an in-ground or an above ground pool, PoolSupplyWorld has an array of alarms to help protect your children and pets. We carry the most popular brands in pool alarms. If you have any questions or need any further assistance in selecting a pool alarm for you, don’t hesitate to contact us at (800) 772-0467.
- Surface: Pool alarm floating on water surface
- Poolguard (In-Ground and above ground pool alarms)
- Subsurface: Pool alarm located below the water surface
- SmartPool PoolEye
- AquaSensor Espio
- S.R. Smith PoolSonix
- Pool Perimeter: Pool alarm located so as to detect movement at the perimeter of or above the water surface
- SmartPool Pool Gate
- Poolguard Gate/Door
- Personal Immersion Alarm: Pool alarm device located on the person(s).
- Safety Turtle wristband and base
Factors to consider when purchasing a pool alarm:
- The first and most important way to protect children from drowning accidents, is to provide close and constant supervision by a responsible adult. Combinations of safety measures are required for a safe backyard environment for your loved ones
- Easy installation
- Tamper proof
- Includes a remote receiver with a range of up to 200 ft or more
- Low battery indicator on alarm and on receiver
- Recommended for the size and shape of your swimming pool
- Able to detect an object as small as a 1 year old child, approximately 18 pounds
- A loud and distinct alarm should sound within 20 seconds when a child simulator is dropped into the pool.
- After you decide which pool alarm you need, performing regular tests of the alarm's effectiveness will ensure that your alarm continues to function properly over time
- Finally and most importantly, no swimming pool alarm is totally infallible no matter how many technologies and features it has and no matter what claims are made by the manufacturer. Pool alarms should be considered as one of many layers of protection in the effort to halt children from drowning, along with protective barriers, door alarms, and safety pool covers