PolarShield Non-Toxic-Anti-Freeze Concentrate for Pools
Keep your swimming pool protected from freezing waters this winter with the Non-Toxic Pool Anti-Freeze Concentrate.
Winterizing Accessory Features:
This new Pool Antifreeze gives you great winter protection at a lower price. Our antifreeze is concentrated so 1 quart mixed with 3 quarts of water will make 1 gallon of antifreeze that will protect pool plumbing down to -40° F. Want even lower temperature protection? Add less water. Comes with a dilution chart, so you can make the strength you desire. We recommend -40° F to be safe. Concentrated antifreeze is totally safe for swimming pool use and non-toxic. Use one gallon for every 10 ft of 1-1/2" pipe. Safe for all types of pool plumbing. 100% Propylene Glycol.
Drain Pool’s Plumbing
1. Open all the pool systems valves completely.
2. Drain the pool until it’s a level below the lowest inlet. This will ensure the water drains from all plumbing lines.
3. In order to remove residual water, attach a blow-out plug to the intake fitting and apply air pressure to blow out the lines.
Drain Equipment’s Plumbing
4. Remove any drain plugs (check front and rear) that are located on the pot of the pump, heater, and other equipment.
5. Coat the drain plugs with waterproof grease.
6. Once the water has been drained, replace the drain plugs
7. Remove and store the skimmer, pump strainer basket, and filter pressure gauge.
8. Use winterizing plugs to plug the inlet and skimmer.
9. Refill the pool to it’s recommended water level for winter.
Note: Never add Anti-Freeze to your pool’s Chlorinator.
10. Add Anti-Freeze to the pool’s plumbing lines (you can use a hand pump for this).
11. Remove the pressure relief valve/plug on the front of the heater header and add anti-freeze. Replace the fitting.
12. Add a few inches of Anti-Freeze into the skimmer directly.
Frequently Bought Together