Specially formulated, reinforced vinyl for solid covers, or polypropylene cover material for Dura-Mesh covers, both supported by nylon/polypropylene straps. Extension straps are secured to stainless steel tension springs with a stainless steel buckle.Strength:
Heavy-duty, triple stitched straps crisscross the pool surface, stretched tight by tension springs anchored in the deck. Although lightweight, Merlin webbing has an Industry Leading Break-Strength, more than 3 times the government standard.On And Off In 15 Minutes:
Merlin covers are the best combination of safety, value, and convenience. Only a specially designed tool will unlock your cover. Tension springs attached to the webbing easily lock onto brass anchors-and quickly slip off in the same fashion.Hardware:
Highest quality stainless steel tension springs hook over machined-brass anchors set flush in your deck. Anchors lock and unlock easily with a special tool to prevent unauthorized removal.Dura-Mesh Means Durability:
Increased filament sizes and increased number of filaments used, means your Dura-Mesh cover is designed to outperform any other standard mesh cover on the market.
Dura-Mesh Keeps Your Pool Cleaner:
- 14% Thicker
- 20% Increase in Tensile Strength in length
- 60% Increase in Tensile Strength in width
- 40% Stronger Burst Strength
By tightening the weave of the filaments and increasing the filament size itself, Dura-Mesh allows much less sand, silt and debris to pass through the cover, while still allowing for rain and melting snow to pass through. Providing 91% shade Dura-Mesh also lets less sunlight pass through the cover, reducing the chance for algae to grow. Dura-Mesh means a cleaner pool in the spring.
Dura-Mesh is Built to Last:
- Significantly better filtration of debris from other's standard mesh materials.
- Decreased air flow means better filtration than other standard mesh.
By using thicker filaments in a denser weave, Dura-Mesh is designed to perform better under harsh conditions. Dura-Mesh is made with better abrasion resistance, to last longer.
Standard Safety Cover Equipment:
- 20% Higher strength after abrasion test in length
- 25% Higher strength after abrasion test in width
- 35% Increase in Tear Strength in length
- 45% Increase in Tear Strength in width
What is a Safety Cover?
- Stainless Steel Springs with covers
- Brass thread-type anchors with slot and hexagonal head
- Steel Installation Tool
- Storage Bag
- Stainless Steel Buckles
- Allen Wrench
- Tamping Tool
A safety cover is a woven mesh or solid vinyl winter cover that can be used on in-ground and above-ground swimming pools. The safety cover is designed to be pulled taut across the swimming pool and secured with straps to anchors that are installed around the perimeter of your swimming pool. Safety covers not only protect your swimming pool water from leaves and debris but also from accidental drowning.What is the difference between Mesh and Solid Safety Covers? Mesh Safety Covers:
The mesh material is generally lighter and easier to handle than solid material, which means you will have an easier time installing or removing the safety cover from your swimming pool. The mesh material also allows rain water and melting snow to drain through the cover into the swimming pool.Solid Safety Covers:
The solid material comes with the advantage of preventing all sunlight and fine particles from entering the swimming pool. This helps to keep your swimming pool water cleaner during winter by preventing dirt and algae accumulation. Because the cover is made from a solid material, a mesh drain panel or a cover pump is needed to drain rain water and melting snow from its surface.Why should I buy a Safety Cover for my swimming pool?
Important Safety Cover Notice:
- Protects your investment during the off-season
- Safeguards your family and pets from accidental drowning
- Saves time and effort when opening and closing your pool
- Saves money in the long run
- Gives a more customized and finished look to your swimming pool
You will need at least 3 feet of concrete all around your pool to accommodate the installation of this safety cover. Customizing a cover to fit any size pool through PoolSupplyWorld can be a very economic option and will ensure a perfect fit. We caution you against trying to save money by purchasing a rectangle cover to fit your free-form pool or 4 foot rounded radius corner pool as the covers will probably not fit well and will cost you time and money in the long run. If your pool has 2 feet or less of radius rounded corners, the rectangle cover will work; if you have more than this, please contact us to let us help you purchase the right safety pool cover for you. If you purchase a safety cover that is not the correct size for your pool, your warranty will most likely be voided. We are here to help, please contact us at 800-772-0467.Why would I need a Custom Cover? Why won't this stock cover work for our pool?
- If your pool is not a perfect rectangle and/or has rounded edges of more than 2 feet in radius
- If your pool does not have 3 feet of concrete around the entire perimeter of the pool
- If there are objects around the pool like diving boards, un-removable ladders, slide legs, and water features
- If you cannot find your correct size online
If any of the above applies to you, we recommend a custom cover for your pool. Contact us at 800-772-0467 and one of our knowledgeable sales associates will be happy to assist you.